Welcome to Season 2 of Beyond the Bench, a podcast by the NC Judicial College at the UNC School of Government. Season 2 tells the story of homelessness, neglect and the child welfare system in NC. During this Season, we’ll talk about what family homeless looks like, whether homelessness is child neglect, and if and when it is, how the child welfare system responds to families affected by homelessness. We’ll do this by following two court cases from the past year that addressed child neglect because of allegations related to homelessness. Each episode represents a different stage in the child welfare process. You’ll hear from lots of different people who will share the various perspectives in a case, including shelter providers, county departments, a parent attorney, the children’s guardian ad litem, and the court.
You are here: / / S02 Episode 00: Welcome to Season 2 of Beyond the Bench
- Ep 2: A Day in the Life: Solving Wicked Problems August 19, 2019
- A Day in the Life: John Stevens on Conflict Management August 19, 2019
- Ep 3: A Day in the Life: No such thing as a free lunch August 19, 2019
- A Day in the Life: Managing Conflict July 8, 2019
- Ep 1: A Day in the Life: Managing Conflict July 6, 2019
- Coming Soon: New Show ‘Local Government in North Carolina’ November 16, 2018
- New Show: Local Government in North Carolina November 15, 2018
- Coming Soon: New Show ‘A Day in the Life’ November 15, 2018
- Season 02, Episode 06: Obtaining Permanency January 26, 2017
- The Child’s Voice in Court: The Role of the Guardian ad Litem January 12, 2017
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.