At the end of our last episode, one of our two cases ended when the court dismissed it after concluding the child was not neglected. But in our other case, the case where the children were living with their parents in a van in the woods without adequate shelter, food, and hygiene and were exposed to their parent’s domestic violence, the children were adjudicated neglected and the court entered a dispositional order. That order placed the children with their grandmother, set a visitation schedule for the parents and children, and required the parents to cooperate with the department in case planning, complete certain assessments, and participate in domestic violence counseling. In today’s episode we’ll hear from county department social workers and attorney, a parent attorney, a child’s guardian ad litem, and district court judges to learn about the next steps that happen in the case – both in court and out of court. You’ll be introduced to five new terms: case planning, reasonable efforts, kinship and nonkinship placements, review hearing, and permanency planning.
You are here: / / Season 02, Episode 04: The Case Plan – In and Out of Court
- Coming Soon: New Show ‘Local Government in North Carolina’ November 16, 2018
- New Show: Local Government in North Carolina November 15, 2018
- Coming Soon: New Show ‘A Day in the Life’ November 15, 2018
- Season 02, Episode 06: Obtaining Permanency January 26, 2017
- The Child’s Voice in Court: The Role of the Guardian ad Litem January 12, 2017
- Season 02, Episode 04: The Case Plan – In and Out of Court December 15, 2016
- Season 02, Episode 03: The Trial: Adjudicating Neglect December 2, 2016
- Season 02 Episode 02: The System Responds November 18, 2016
- S02 Episode 01: Without a Home November 4, 2016
- S02 Episode 00: Welcome to Season 2 of Beyond the Bench October 31, 2016
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.